COMMUNICATIONS WORK GROUP
The Communications Work Group (CWG) started meeting in 2012 to implement various communications activities of the Council. The group worked over the past year with DLF Branding, Dovya Friedman, to develop six fact sheets with community chronic disease partners. In addition, the group developed a spotlight video that highlights a New Mexican living with multiple chronic diseases. Other work done by the CWG includes social media, building community stakeholders, and the design of Council materials.
- Continue to communicate statewide about the New Mexico Shared Strategic Plan for Prevention and Control of Chronic Disease.
- Distribute the multiple chronic disease video to Council and partners.
- Start the New Mexico Health Starts Here Campaign.
- Establish an email outreach system for CDPC and workgroups, such as Constant Contact, for larger communication efforts.
- Increase the social media presence on Facebook and other websites.
- Engage with policy and advocacy efforts; and support our stakeholders’ and members’ communication efforts on a case-by-case basis.
Upcoming 2016 Meeting Dates: Location- New Mexico Cancer Center
- August 4, 1:00-2:00pm
- September 1, 1:00-2:00pm
- October 6, 1:00-2:00pm
- November 3, 1:00-2:00pm
- December 1, 1:00-2:00pm
Contact the Co-Chairs:
- Dovya Friedman
- Paul Sanchez-Hindi
New Mexico Cancer Center Foundation