New Mexico Health Equity Environmental Scan
Achieving health equity requires the elimination of health and healthcare disparities. Many organizations have prioritized health equity and the social determinants of health (SDoH) in the public and private sectors.
Our environmental scan provides a snapshot of what other organizations in New Mexico are doing to reduce disparities. Through literature reviews and key contact interviews we’ve compiled a list of opportunities and programs that are taking place in New Mexico to advance equity.
If you have an ongoing project you would like to share with us, please download the form and return it to Ryan C. Warner, PhD, email@example.com
> Download New Mexico Health Equity Environmental Scan Form for organizations
>> Download CDPC New Mexico Health Equity Environmental Scan
CDPC Health Equity Workgroup Purpose Areas
Advocacy & Action
- Be part of systems change with advocacy and influencing policy
(how do we influence funding / supports move towards better reducing inequities.
- Operationalize health equity to “make it real”
- Create connections / partnerships to better address the health inequities that exist.
- Find ways to engage and partner with community members in creating greater equity
- Create a space for learning / dialogue / discussion on the topic to explore, learn, discuss, and implement HE.
(for us and others; includes
Assessment & Communication)
- Provide further awareness / education to other entities / partners
- Speak and share a common language
- Learn and be able to share information
- Put a needed spotlight on Health Equity
- Improve health literacy - Language of health care
National Standards for
Culturally and Linguistically
Appropriate Services (CLAS)
in Health and Health Care
CDPC Health Equity Co-Chairs
Sankirtana M. Danner, MA
Director of Health and Social Equity
Presbyterian Health Plan